Thursday, September 3, 2009

More ways with paper and maps

Jennifer Collier via Interior Divine

Yesterday I posted about the easiest ever paper project and promised some more substantial inspiration today.

When it comes to DIY projects, sometimes I look at stuff I can't afford and ask myself 'How can I make something like this?' But other times, I look at what's around me in abundance and ask 'What can I make with this?' And that's why so many of my little projects are paper related. There is paper everywhere - pretty paper, humble paper, bags and bags of paper. And there is also an incredible array of paper artists out there.

Absinthe and Orange

Better Homes and Gardens






Jennifer Collier

Absinthe and Orange

Craft Stylish via Curbly

The photo above shows a box decorated with paper 'reeds' made from discarded magazines.

Last but not least there is this. Can you guess what these sculptures are made from?

Junior Fritz Jacquet via Curbly

Toilet paper rolls.

5 comments:

  1. I love that headboard! (It makes me want to decoupage some furniture)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nice, i'm really liking the gift tags w/the vintage maps. such an simple idea and yet so impressive! oh and i really liked your paper butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm into those books covered in maps. All of these are such great, creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the faces! And the sheet music butterflies remind me of my little sister... I might have to make something like that for her... hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. my ovaries skipped a beat at that map headboard, would be so cute in a little boy's room!

    ReplyDelete