Friday, August 10, 2012

A DIY challenge


As discussed yesterday, things surfy and photorealistic are hot fashion items right now.

So my DIY challenge is to decide what to do with the image above, which comes to us via Walmart.

Alert fellow blogger Maya Griggs from Soccer Mom Style came across Get a Life photoreal t-shirts at her local Walmart. Being a fellow fashionista, she immediately saw the high end DIY potential of these ridiculously cool shirts for $11.

Since they aren't available online, she kindly sent me one. I never got so excited about a t-shirt.

But what to do with it? Not as in a lack of ideas but as in which idea.


I could just keep it as a t-shirt a la Marios. (A Marios shirt is $165 and out of stock to boot.)


I could make it it into a pencil skirt or a mini dress a la Suno.




Or I could turn it into a pouch or clutch a la Jimmy Choo, Samudra or Dezco.


Here we have Jimmy Choo's Surf Clutch, which was $795 but is sold out. (I swear it's the same surfer.)  
Any opinions on this dilemma?

8 comments:

  1. Do you need a bathing suit cover-up? If you turned it into a pencil skirt it could be worn as street wear and a pool cover-up. 2 {high end trend based} items for the price of an $11 t-shirt. Thinking about hitting Walmart this weekend. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt, the skirt, the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I need to go to Walmart asap to get this shirt!
    xx
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it as a tshirt, but if you wanna DIY, i'd go for the skirt.


    xxx

    Clara

    My BLOG: Keep calm and carry on

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for skirt too. And by the way, those shirts are now on sale for $7!
    lol

    Can't wait to see what you decide.

    xx
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you decide to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s.
    For those who really want to buy this shirt: I found this and other hot designs at my local Walmart (not offered online) in Men's clothing department. The brand is called Get A Life and the sales price right now is down to $7.
    They have so many tacky designs, you kind of have to go through them and find what you like. There is a shirt with realistic cheeseburgers, and one with beer, and one with wolves... but you you got through them you might be able to find this surfing design as well as the beaufiful palm design. Get more tips on this purchase from my post here:
    http://byebyesoccermom.blogspot.com/2012/05/get-life.html

    Happy DIY-ing everyone!
    xx
    Maya (Soccer Mom Style)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go for the pencil skirt or the clutch. Either one would be fabulous :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete