Friday, January 29, 2010

A Detacher's rose pillow






I opened up last month's issue of Real Simple, and in the middle of a crazy-looking bedroom, I spotted a fluffy puffy ruffled bit of something really stunning, which turned out to be a rose pillow sold at the Manhattan boutique A Detacher.

Domino discovered this pillow some time ago by way of fashion stylist Linda Rodin. More recently it showed up on Design Sponge's sneak peak of Nina Gotlieb's home.

Is it not sculpturally scrumptious?

I believe I have figured out how to make it.

Images: Domino via So Haute;Blue pillow at Mary Nassir Zadeh, $184; White pillow as seen in Real Simple magazine, $175; Blue pillow in Rodin's home, photographed by Keith Myers for the New York Times; Pink pillow in Rodin's home, photographed by Nicole Gobbin's at So Haute; Nina Gotlieb's home on Design Sponge.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the purple version in Real Simple. It would be perfect for the daybed in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have figured it out, please, do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those pillows! now that i've kicked hubbs out i can feminize the place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is made for one of your DIY projects! Can't wait to see how you do it! I have a similar pillow in wool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pillow! I might try a DIY version too.

    btw I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elissa. Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it IS structurally scrumptious. i wouldn't mind having one to decorate the ole bed.

    ReplyDelete