Friday, February 11, 2011

Lately stalking


Currently stalking Pier 1's Honeycomb Mirror, which many of you have raved about and I have only lately come to appreciate - rustic yet glam yet global. It's on clearance for $199 (down from $250.) But remember when it was briefly on sale for, like, $90? Now I can't bring myself to spend $200.

You may recall that this mirror invokes Wisteria's Peacock Mirror, which retails for a million dollars.

See the honey in some rooms at A Blonde and a Brunette.

I was also stalking this root stool at Kohl's of all places. It was half off $120. I've been craving a root ball stool since 2009. (In fact if you Google 'root ball stool', my post is the very first result. How's that for SEO.)



Sixty dollars may seem exorbitant for a smallish piece of wood but not so much when a tree stump sells for $200 at West Elm (currently on sale for $160). A bigger root side table runs $180 plus at Pendleton. Viva Terra recently came back with their Root of the Earth stool for $150 plus additional shipping charges.

Clever shopper I am, I hit 'refresh' for a few days hoping the price would drop a little. And then, of course, it sold out.

Talk about stumped.

I crack myself up.

p.s. There's a cool stump table how to at The Art of Doing Stuff. (I would subtract the metal feet.)

9 comments:

  1. you crack me up too! Love that Honeycomb mirror. I've used it on two jobs now. But, yea, I'm too cheap to buy it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-clever! I say go for that stump stool-that is a darling thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a similar one(stool)pop up at HomeGoods perhaps a place to add to your stalking list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I breathe just a little faster every time I see that mirror. But I don't have a place for it... and yeah, $190. But it would be something you love, and you would see it everyday, daily....... isn't that worth $190? Hmm. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the danger of waiting for sales. I do the same thing! And it has burned me more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, that mirror is one of my all-time favorites. One day... I saw Macy's had a more silvery version a while back but it was v pricey indeed... Good old Pier 1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I thought that mirror was the Wisteria one - the price doesn't seem so terrible, in that context.
    I would say, if you "stalk" something for more than a couple of weeks, that's a pretty strong buying sign.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like TEO, I thought this was the Wisteria mirror. I have to say that if the resemblance holds up in person, I may have to just give up the $200.

    I'm a sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the mention!
    Love that stool too - I don't think my Kohls has that!

    ReplyDelete