Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blog and you shall receive


After blogging incessantly about Moroccan pendants, here and here and here (my those were ugly) and here, I am now the proud owner of a Medina Pendant by Murray Feiss simply because I did blog about it again and again and again.

The Medina sold for a whopping six hun . . . hundre . . . hundred forty five dollars at Horchow (And to think I initially identified the pendant as "definitely West Elm.") making it the only actual item (as opposed to a knock off) in my home from the 'Chow. And it cost me nothing.

My bloggie friend Katie (who also happens to be my friend ITRW) saved this pendant from the street because she knew I would like it because she had seen me go on and on about similar styles. She made her husband search my blog to convince him they should drag it home.

Isn't blogging the best?

Now the next big thing is to figure out where to hang it (not that I have that many options in a 500-square-foot apartment with low ceilings.)


One option is the kitchen.


But I'm sort of leaning toward the living room where patterned light would make more sense.


I'm imaging something a bit like this. (Minus everything but the lamp.)

Thank you, Katie!

18 comments:

  1. Wahoo!!I Can't wait to see it in action. Love those bloggers.

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous is that??? You are a lucky girl with good friends! I vote the Living room.

    P.S. Are those the infamous boob lights?
    Danika

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww how cute! Blogging IS the best! Can't wait to see your after pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice surprise. I think it would be lovely in your family room...give it a little bit of flair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- how totally amazing is that?? Love your new light and vote for living room- can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great story, a great friend and a great find! Can you get it in the living room where it can hang low over something (like a coffee table) so people don't run their heads in to it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! This light is so great, you need to put it wherever you spend the most time so you can enjoy it to the fullest :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. why would someone throw out a $600 pendant?! especially such a cute one, at that! CRIME.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so wonderful! I too vote for the living room, and also have the wonderful boob lights in my kitchen and bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lucky find and a great friend! I'm sure it will look great anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this and can't wait to see where you hang it! Wish I had that dining room...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it would look fab in the living room. If you put it in the kitchen you'd need to go get a big island or something so there would be a total statement and not just a great light hanging randomly over the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this story!! Lucky girl.
    You also have yourself a new follower... popped over from Danika's blog.
    xo Erica

    ps- come check out my "family room" lower left side of my blog... I have the very same fixture. :)

    http://moth-design.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! You are one lucky lady! I'm jealous. ; )

    Can't wait to see where you hang it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this lamp! I am in the process of designing a room for a friend, and I picked out a lamp very similar to that one to hang over a chaise lounge in the corner of her bedroom as a reading area. How many times do you think I need to mention it to get one for myself as well? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll put the word out - Hey everybody, Alexis needs a lamp.

    ReplyDelete